Thursday, November 20, 2008

Future Bleak Or Bright - Remember, God Provides!

I have been so busy with work that I do not have time to even blog lately. Though it has been up to my neck doing some research, I thank God that I am still surviving. Praise Him for that!

The economy has not been doing well as we all know by now. There are fears of loss of jobs; a bleak future at least for the next one to two years; salary cut and bonus freeze; etc. As I read the newspapers and listen to the news on the television, one part of me says I should be afraid of the uncertainties ahead but then another part assured me of God's peace - reminding me that no matter how bad situations may be around the world and in my homeland, the Lord will still provide as He has always been doing, even for the birds in the air and the grass of the fields.

Though I have to watch what I spend and not indulge too much in every area of my life, I think life ahead will still be fun and adventurous. In God's time, He will restore everything. I guess it is good sometimes for all to face a little difficulty so that it opens our eyes to see how human we are and how we need to depend on God for our daily needs.

Every morning when I wake up, I thank God that He allowed me to have my three meals the previous day and will do the same in the brand new day ahead.

Lately He has shown me a lot of His faithfulness - be it at what I do daily, at home and even in the ministries I am serving in church.

One very good testimony is that of the Children's Ministry Missions Team. As there will be 10 children and 14 adults going on this trip to minister to the Khmer people and spreading God's love during this Christmas season, one area we needed to work on is in raising a third of the funds needed - that amounts to S$10,000.

It seemed a daunting task especially when the trip is just three weeks away but as God has shown me how He had provided in previous trips, I encouraged the team to pray for this fund. I always tell myself and also the team that if what we are doing is that of God's purpose and for His people, He will surely provide regardless of how short time may be. That said, indeed our Jehoveh Jireh has provided!

In a short span of three weeks, we have raised about S$14,000! Through appeals on the pulpit, selling simple stuff like chocolates brought back from Frankfurt and some photographs which I took over the years as a photographer.

It is comforting to know how God provided us with more especially when a recent need was brought to our attention that some dwellers in a slum need help financially. Now this extra money can be used to feed these hungry souls and provide them some training in sewing skills so that they can make a living for themselves.

Hallelujah and all thanks and praise to God for His goodness! :)

Just now, my family celebrated our Australian Silky Terrier's second birthday! I have to confess that we all forgot about it until my God-sister reminded me. Hee. I felt bad after that and I decided to get my doggy some treats - Sasha had a main course of some turkey and lamb sausages plus some jellos for desserts.

She is now all bloated and satisfied - sleeping under the dining table. I shall play 'fetch' with her later so that she can burn off some of the food she had. Haha

Well, time to go!

God is light and He will brighten up our day always! When discouraged, do not shut your eyes in despair. Keep them open, look up and you will see Jesus - submit to Him your needs and if you have asked anything accordingly to His will, He will provide! :)

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:19-20

No comments: