Monday, November 10, 2008

Every Experience That God Gives Us, He Also Provides

Just now I was feeling very burdened over some matters concerning my family. It was so overwhelming that I had to speak to the Lord about these concerns. In the midst of my quietness before God, there was a complaining spirit in me - blabbing that life is bad! Life is full of problems! Life is no life at all!

I guess today is one day when I find it hard to be still before the Lord because of all these noises crying out for attention. Anyway, I am still thankful that I was able to resolve that life is still not bad.

So what are these matters I was talking about? Well, mum went for a check-up this morning and the doctor has confirmed that her kidneys are weak due to her diabetic condition. More tests were carried out and the results will be out next week to ascertain the kind of treatment needed.

Then a few days ago, grandma fell when she went out marketing. Thank God she is okay except for a few sores on her back. On top of that she has been troubled by mum's condition and also my cousin's hernia operation. Sometimes it is tough to stay at home and hear her keep mumbling that the family is full of problems. Though it is good for her to release her frustrations but it does not help me when I have concerns of my own concerning everything at home. Who is going to listen to my frustrations?

I think I have shared this before - it is tough to have to take care of three elderly family members.

How then is life still good? Well, for mum's case, at least there is an efficient medical facility in Singapore to take care of her health issues. I guess I just have to trust God to use the doctor who is treating my mum to advise her as to the best treatment she needs to overcome her weak kidneys.

As for grandma, yes, she had a fall but at least she is alright. Yes, she is complaining but if I am not there for her, who would? I guess releasing her burdens to me is better than not doing it at all - at least now I know how else to pray for her.

Many times I told God that it is tough for me to handle three old persons but as I look back, these are the three individuals who took care of me from infancy to what I am now. I guess it is my turn to repay their kindness and love.

God also assured me this when I was trying to be as quiet as I could - since He has preserved the lives of grandma, mum and dad till this age of theirs, surely He would also provide accordingly to meet their needs.

Well, I guess it is more beneficial to approach life's inconveniences with joy rather than being moody about it.

Oh yah, God also reminded me that I need not go through this alone. Having that in mind, I messaged my accountability group members about the above-mentioned so that they can pray with and for me. :)

I shall key off now.

All glory to God!

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

No comments: