Friday, August 28, 2009

Never Be Satisfied

It has been a week since I last blogged. It has been a tiring five days for me as I had to do a couple of things - interestingly, they are all related to the Missions Ministry which I am involved in.

On Monday and Tuesday I was reflecting, evaluating and putting my thoughts into words for a report which I need to write for the last Local Conference - compulsory for all ministry leaders in the church.

Anyway, I shared in my report that I struggle to list out the number of projects and programmes which the ministry has done for the past year. As I have stated before, I always feel that being a church one should not be too engrossed with statistics. The danger comes when we give each other a pat on the shoulders for a job well done and after that we fall into complacency.

Perhaps it is the nature of the ministry I am doing where the committee members do not just deal with administrative matters but issues concerning lives of individuals. This being my fifth year being the chairperson of the ministry, I learnt that the work of missions will never end till Jesus comes again. There are still many lives to be touched and every Christian should continue to be mindful of the people around us so that we can shine God's light so that others may be drawn to us, curious to know who is this God whom we are worshipping.

My conclusion is that the church can do more and every member should be involved in the harvest field where the labourers are always few. Well, my prayer is that God will move more to step out of their comfort zones and be bold to let the love of Christ overflow in their lives to their neighbours. :)

Yesterday I was helping out at a fair where I helped two dear brothers-in-Christ sell children's clothing and bedding items at Lock Road. This is the first time I am involved in such a fair where there were 45 stalls, majority manned by the expat community. Even majority of the customers are expatriates.

Though the hours were long, I enjoyed myself thoroughly especially when I mingled with the children. It was also a good training for me especially in how I interact with my customers and promote the products accurately. At the end of the day, I learnt one precious lesson which I do not know whether it would be an idealistic thing to do in the long run. That lesson was the attitude towards the business - that it is not just for the sake of selling the mechandise and making profits but also to make friends so that the love of Christ is shared to them.

Well, in the next few months there will be a few more fairs which I will be assisting, I shall trust the Lord to lead me accordingly and probably learn more lessons as I go along. :)

After the fair, I had to rush to the Mission Committee's monthly meeting. I was slightly late as I had to grab a bite. As always, I enjoyed the time of fellowship with members of the Committee. It is always wonderful to work with people who have the same heart for a cause we are doing - probably "cause" is not the right word. I guess "calling" would be more accurate since it was a Commission given to all Christians by Jesus Himself.

We deliberate on matters concerning the ministry and we also spent a considerable time praying.

Though it has been exhausting mentally and physically, spiritually I was refreshed. I am glad the weekend is here. I shall try to find some rest.

God is always good! Hallelujah!

"He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Luke 10:2

No comments: