Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Find Solace In Places Of Joy And Sorrow

On Monday, my sister and I happened to walk past the Istana Park. I told her that dad used to bring me there when I was a small boy. It was then that there were flashes of the good memories I had. I was also prompted to share this because there seems to be a message God is trying to speak to me which I think may be applicable in the lives of others too. I will try my best to share this as clear as possible.

Now that I am much older, I have to confess my relationship with dad is not as close as before. There were several conflicts I had with him which caused the rift to widen.

Anyway, this morning I decided to visit the park again. I sat where I remembered where dad always brought me to. There used to be a pond but it is no longer there now. We went there often because of Plaza Singapura where Yaohan used to be located in and also Cathay Cinema where almost twice a month dad would bring me to go watch movies.

Now as I reflect on those good times, I missed them a lot.

As I sat on one of the seats, I told the Lord my desire to draw closer to dad again and of course mum and grandma too. I confess that sometimes I find them a burden because I have to take care of all their needs (and it is very tiring) but I also know it is my turn to take up this responsibility as they used to do that when they had to take care of my growing up needs.

Anyway, I shared with God that in the remaining years that my parents and grandma have here, I want to make them as happy as possible. I also jotted down what were some of the causes of our conflicts and submitted them to God - asking Him to make right what went wrong.

The one hour I spent at the park, though not long, brought a lot of healing in me.

I want to share this because I know there are many out there who are experiencing the same struggles with their loved ones. When I walked past the park on Monday, I felt God prompting me to visit all the happy and sad places which I had been to involving my family and to reflect on why we were so happy then and not much now and what are some of the things which are causing us to drift away from each other.

I found solace this morning. Praise the Lord!

The above-mentioned worked for me and I pray it will for you too.

I am blogging this in the library now. I decided to come here to get some work done.

"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." Psalm 34:14

No comments: