Monday, September 21, 2009

Working Out The Physical And Spiritual Body

Today has been a day of working out. Not in the park, not in the gym, but right in my own home.

After I woke up, I bathed my doggy, Sasha and my birdie, the Peach-Face Lovebird. So far no name after more than a year. We just conveniently called it "Bird-Bird." Anyway, it can be a handful giving these two creatures a bath - one would try to fly away and the other would want to catch it. Then when the furry one got a bath, not only it would get wet but the one bathing it as well. Sometimes I wonder why I ever bothered to take these two as my pets. Haha.

Anyway, after that I washed all the stand-fans in my home; cleaned the air-con filters; removed the dust off the furnitures and electrical appliances; swept the floor; mopped the floor; and swept the floor again! Man, where do all these dust come from?! In all, it was a 4-hour work-out. It felt good but of course tiring.

When I was done with the house-work, I washed up and went to Borders and Kinokuniya Bookstores to check out the photography magazines and also shopped around Wisma Atria, Ngee Ann City and also Suntec City. Yes, up to Marina area as I was lured to the Harvey Norman "Help Clear the Store" sale. Surprisingly I did not buy anything except an Auntie Anne's cinnamon-sugar pretzel while I was on my way to the store.

Oh yah, before all the window-shopping, I detoured to the florist in Thomson Road to drop off the unity candles for a wedding I am coordinating this Saturday. I just wanted to get that over and done with.

Praise God yesterday's worship-leading went pretty okay. Missed one or two notes but such things happen. In the midst of leading the praise and worship, suddenly there was a tinge of sadness when I looked into the eyes of the people in the congregation. I do not know why I felt that way but I sensed something was missing in the worship - that something got to do with the hearts of my brothers and sisters-in-Christ. I felt that many are paying lip service.

I felt a little discouraged but had to go on leading. I was also convicted myself during the time of praise. I was prompted to look deeper into my own worship lifestyle - basically the challenge to spend more time daily to worship God.

After the service I spent some moments talking to a family about missions. I praise God that they are interested to play a bigger part in this area of ministry. :) I just hope more like them will come forward and respond to the Great Commission God has given to all who believe in Him.

I also felt quite burdened for the Youth Ministry Mission Team - after yesterday's session, there would be a break of about 7 weeks as it is exam period for every one in the team. I do not know how the past 11 weeks have prepared these young lives for the trip - not so in the activities we will be doing but the attitude and motive in going. As much as we should enjoy ourselves in preparations and also during the trip, it is my prayer that every team member knows that it is lives that they will be dealing with and how this should not be taken too lightly.

Well, I guess as the mentor to the group, I just have to pray for every single person in the team and trust that God will use these lives to be instruments of peace in where God will be bringing them to.

Anyway, yesterday when I was in the car of one of the MacRitchie Running Fellowship members, on our way to Zion Road Hawker Centre, we witnessed an accident involving a car driven by a lady and a motorcyclist. The left side of the car banged into the motorcycle and the man on it was flung quite far from his bike. He was still moving but could not get up and we could also see the lady-driver walking to the man. There was a shock look on her and by the car, we could see her husband carrying their child.

Myy friend slowed down his car so that every vehicle behind would also do likewise, This is to prevent someone from running over the motorcyclist should he or she is not alert to the accident. Anyway, we did not stop as there were people from the bus-stop rendering assistance. As we drove away, I prayed with every one else in the car for the injured man and the terrified lady.

Well, I guess that is all for this blog. I am quite tired - shall just relax after this. :)

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:22-27

No comments: