Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ministry Evaluation

I just received an email from the Church Administrator requesting for all ministry chairpersons to hand in their annual reports by the beginning of next month. Since then I have been reflecting and evaluating on what had happened in the past one year in the ministry which God has entrusted me.

In a recent blog I wrote, it is my prayer for the church that every leader and member do not fall into the trap of playing church by showing statistics that we have accomplish this and that and after that just feel good about it, giving each other a pat on the shoulder and then carry on the same cycle again.

Perhaps it is the nature of my ministry that makes me think of this one thing I want to share - how many of us Christians, regardless of which church we worship in, really live out our lives where others can see Christ in us? I also wonder how many of us see where we are - be it in school, at work, at home, and even in the church (I include the church in because sometimes I do not see love being shown to one another in there) - as a mission field where we are touching lives with the love of Jesus which we have experienced ourselves?

The above questions are precisely something I am pondering in relation to my own church. I am not trying to judge every member who are in the congregation but more so, crying to God that He will use each one to reach one with the kind of lifestyle we embrace.

Well, even for my own life, I am assessing whether I have been a good testimony to Christians and non-Christians alike. For now, all I can say is this - there is room for improvement.

Back to the report, I guess I will begin writing my thoughts down tomorrow and may God lead and guide me accordingly. May His name be glorified!

“I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8

"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." Acts 2:42-47

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:13-16

No comments: