Sunday, August 09, 2009

Consequences Of Procrastination

I am dead tired but I just needed to blog to release something that has been bothering me the whole day.

Sometimes I feel I lack the courage in acting upon something that is close to my heart. Majority generally see me as someone who is confident, outgoing and sometimes outspoken but there is a part in me which I am insecure especially of myself.

Since this is a blog to share about my life's journey, I have to be frank that there are some areas where I have doubts of myself - especially in the area of what others would think of me. Because of this I rationalise a lot and at the end, it may be too late for me to work on what I have been thinking.

Well, at this age that I am at already, I guess there are some pursuits which I should probably give up and be contented with the life I am living now. It is painful but I have to live with some procrastinations I have made in my journey. Please do not get me wrong that it is bad to procrastinate - sometimes it is good not to rush into things but to give ample time of consideration and seeking especially for God's answers to what we are burdened for. Then again, there is also the other extreme where one thinks too much and at the end it becomes too late.

Sorry if I sound vague but that is as much as I would like to share for now.

It is something I am praying God will continue to teach me. As much as I regret not acting upon this particular burden in my heart, I guess it is a lesson learnt which have strengthened my character.

Anyway, it has been a long but enjoyable day for me. Eversince mum fell ill three months ago, I have not had the opportunities to spend time with my God-sons. Today I thank God I had a great time with them - going to Botanic Gardens to feed the fish and swans; had brunch there; then to Island Creamery for ice-cream; it was off to a good friends' home next to visit their baby; after that I went to my God-sons' home to rest; for dinner we went to Changi Village for fish-head curry; and then shopping at the flea market; then back to my God-sons' home again.

I came back only about two hours ago. I am not sleeping yet as I am still doing the laundry which should be done soon.

Well, I guess that is all. Praise God for life's experiences! He allows them to happen to help us learn as we trod this pilgrim's path! :)

2 comments:

deilea said...

Hi Andy! I think i know how you feel coz I think i've the same problem abt worrying what other people think so in the end taking too long to do something!

Gambatte! As long as you follow the Spirit's prompting the timing should be right :)

Pilgrim's Progress said...

Hi Ru-Tian. How have you been? It has been a while since we last fellowshipped. Are you still in the U.K.?

Thank you for the thoughts. I feel that it is too late to act now on that particular procrastination I mentioned.

Well, I shall learn from this and as much as I can, just move on. :)

Continue to keep in step with God, sister! I still pray for the YMLC Mentor Group 2007 once in a while. :)