Saturday, October 11, 2008

Watch The Indulgences!

It has been a rather quiet Saturday for me. Initially I made plans to go out with my sister to do some work at the National Library - she was planning to do her assignment and studying for her test next week while I was going to do some stuff for the Missions Ministry.

All came to naught when something cropped up for my sister and the plans were cancelled. In the end I stayed at home and basically rested. I do not know why but lately I have been feeling very lethargic. I get tired and irritated easily - something that I am trying very hard to overcome but with very little result.

I have been praying about it as well. Probably I may have to go on a personal retreat somewhere and list down some of the issues in my life which may have caused this irritation in me. I want to overcome this as soon as possible as I do not like what I am going to through now to affect the people around me - as in them being my victims whom I vent my frustrations on. I think it is not fair.

Anyway, I think the lethargy is probably due to the unhealthy lifestyle that I have been indulging lately - too much eating and too little exercise. I have been putting on weight quite scarily the past few months and no desire whatsoever to work out that body. It is not out of vanity that I want to get something done about the weight gain but more so being a good steward of this body that God has given me. I think it is high time for me to start watching what kind of food I am eating as well.

Being at home today really helps me to reflect on some areas of my life. One other aspect I need to also be mindful of is the way I have been spending money lately. I realised I have been spending a lot lately - mainly on food. This is another area of stewardship which I need to work on. Some would tell me that it is okay to indulge but I think that is a worldly mindset that I must not entertain.

There are other ways to enjoy life!

I think I shall try to sleep early tonight as I have a long day tomorrow in church. The next few Sundays till before the Children's Ministry Missions Team leave for Cambodia will be packed with training and preparation. Sometimes it can be very tiring but it is something worth persevering for especially when you see God moving in the lives of the team members as they prepare and let God use them to touch the lives of the Khmer people.

A lot of things are still very sketchy but I am confident my God Almighty will make the picture clearer as the weeks draw nearer to the trip.

I shall end here. Praise the Lord for the weekends.

Good night to all and have a wonderful time worshipping the Lord tomorrow in your respective churches! :)

"Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." ' "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God." Luke 12:13-21

No comments: