Thursday, October 23, 2008

God Still Provides In Bad Times

The Children's Ministry Missions Team will be going to Cambodia in December to bring some Christmas cheers to the orphans, villagers and also members of the Khmer congregation that my church is supporting.

Every year in Singapore, many of us receive gifts from friends but frankly, these presents become excess stocks in our already abundant inventory. As for the Khmer people, especially the majority who are poor, a simple gift would be a great blessing to them because they have nothing in the first place.

I praise the Lord for the 10 children and their families who will be accompanying them. In all, including me, there are 24 in the team. I am excited as to what we will be doing at the orphanage, village and my sister-church.

One of the areas in which the team need to pray for is in raising one-third of the total cost for the trip. All these years, previous missions teams did not have much problems obtaining funds from the congregation but I am not sure about this year.

As we all know, the economy has not been doing well at all. The future seems uncertain and every one is trying to tighten their purse-strings.

I have to confess that there were some anxieties when the above thought came to mind. As I spoke to the Lord about this concern I had, I was challenged to place my full trust in Him. If the work that this team is doing is for God and His people, then the funds will pour in eventually. After I submitted those burdens to Him, there was peace and I praise the Lord for that. :)

At around 3pm, I went with two brothers-in-Christ to Changi Coast Adventure Camp to recce the site which the Youth Ministry will be using for the Youth Camp in December. I praise God we were able to gather all the information we need. As I will be planning the outdoor games on the third day with another brother-in-Christ, the above visit has allowed me to have a better idea as to what games we can play. I am excited and I pray the youths will have great fun! :)

Well, I shall end here for now. I am actually quite sleepy - stayed up to watch the Atletico Madrid-Liverpool match. The Reds were leading for 84 minutes of the game but 6 minutes before the whistle, they conceded a goal and the match ended in a draw. I almost died when that happened.

Anyway, praise God I am still alive! Haha. :)

Have a restful evening!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments: