Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Everything In Life Should Not Be Taken For Granted!

I am now in conversation with a dear brother-in-Christ who was in the Qantas flight when it suddenly met with a mid-air mishap - the plane basically plunged 3000 feet in 20 seconds without any notice whatsoever.

He was just telling me how blessed he was to be alive. He was also sharing about a prompting he had 5 minutes before the plunge to put on his seat-belt. I believe that nudge was from God Himself and by adhering to it, my friend's life was spared from injuries. All thanks and praise to the Lord!

I was just pondering on the above account and I learnt three lessons from here:-

1) Life is fleeting.

We must not take for granted that we will live to a ripe old age and having that mindset, shove aside all the important things we need to do. We will never know when we will go - whatever we need to do, we should do it now.

2) Pray for one another.

I think it is important to keep one another in prayer regularly. Yes, there may be just too many people to pray for but I guess when we need to intercede for someone, like this brother of mine who was going back to Perth to finish his studies after a week's break back in Singapore, just do it.

I do not know whether you have this thought before - "nah, no need to pray for this or that matter because I doubt anything bad would happen." Well, next time when this thought comes again, we should just pray and not waste time rationalising.

I believe the prayers said for my brother-in-Christ by his family and friends have saved him. God has listened to their prayers! Hallelujah!

3) Fasten your seat-belt at all times!

For those of us who have been flying often, thinking that this is not important or get irritated when the announcement is made by the flight crew to fasten the seat-belt even when the sign is off... well, think again. It will probably save your life! Do not take things for granted.

Well, I am relieved all is well. I am praying that those who were injured will recover soon.

Anyway, it has been a rather frustrating day for me.

I have been trying to get some work done but just could not concentrate as I have been feeling tired the whole day.

It did not help when a personnel from the National Environment Agency found some mosquito larvae in one of the plates holding the flower pots which belong to grandma. I guess this is another area which we tend to take for granted though I have warned grandma and my parents before to check the areas along the corridor regularly. The staff took down my particulars . I am praying nothing will happen after the agency is done with the investigation.

Well, one of those days, I guess. I am trying not to get affected by the above paragraph - easier said than done though.

Time to end here!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: