Monday, October 20, 2008

Gold In The Rut!

Ever had this situation where you found it hard to encourage someone in his struggles or rebuke him when you noticed the way he carried himself could be a stumbling block to others when your own walk with God has not been right?

I have been facing this lately and it can be frustrating! It just makes me feel like a hypocrite, yet my intention is genuine in wanting to help the person. There is basically this irritating voice in me that keeps taunting me with accusations like "Are you sure or not?"; "Come on! Quit that holy act of yours! You are no better!"; "A pot calling a kettle black!"

I guess that is the reason why I have not been blogging because I found it hard to share about my pilgrim's journey when I am basically stagnating.

Well, I have just had enough of letting the devil take a foothold in my life! Just now while I was praying, I concluded that all the above sliming from that fallen angel should not put me down but instead, it should encourage me to get back on track again.

It feels good to be taken out of the clutches of Satan's lies and be free again. So what if I had fallen down?! So what if I am down and out but I would like to encourage others still?!

I guess we need to always be mindful that the only way the devil can affect us is to challenge us to go back to THE WAY; THE TRUTH; and THE LIFE! Of course, we know who I am referring to here.

JESUS, of course! :)

Never ever go deeper into the rut should you face the same experience I shared in the opening few paragraphs. Many times Christians fall away because they have been cut down by the poisonous words of the devil.

It is alright to be down for a while.

I always like this reminder - when we are down, the only other way is to look up! That is where we see the hands of Jesus , helping us back to our feet so that we can move on with the adventures of life!

I praise the Lord for this liberation.

It is funny for me to say this but I sure look forward to the next time I fall again. There are probably precious lessons I can learn from there, just like this one I am sharing now.

To God be all glory and praise!

“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:12

No comments: