Thursday, December 13, 2012

Victory!!!

The youth camp just commenced about 4 hours ago. Praise God everything has gone pretty well. Of course there were some minor hiccups here and there but that is common. Mistakes allow us to learn and also not to take things so seriously that we become badly affected by them. I am glad that the Committee Members and the Tribe Leaders are taking the challenges in their stride and giving their best to cheer the campers on and making them feel as comfortable as possible.

This year's camp's theme is "VICTORY" and I am glad we have this as our focus. It is planned not because the campers are losers or defeated individuals. In fact, victory has already been given to us when Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man.

The next four days are basically for these young lives to claim God's victory in their lives and hold on to the identity that they have been given as sons and daughters of the Almighty One. It is my prayer that at the end of this event, these youths will be transformed forever and journey their lives with a Kingdom-focus.

Thank God that I was able to rest well last night after the Camp Committee and Tribe Leaders completed their preparations. The couch I was sleeping on was comfortable and when I woke up at 5.30 this morning, I was all ready to enjoy the four-day camp with my siblings-in-Christ and the friends they would be bringing. :)

I am seated somewhere in town waiting for the first tribe to arrive to obtain their clue for the Amazing Race. Sipping my coffee and with a book in my hand is such a luxury. Being away from home for the next few days is good for me, I guess. Thank God for my brother who has taken over my duty to feed my dad and to take care of the concerns of the household. I shall trust that God will protect everyone at home. Looking forward already to meeting my family on Sunday when everything is over..

Okie, I shall end here. One tribe will probably be here soon.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

No comments: