Thursday, January 15, 2009

Re-Training Is Not Necessarily Bad

I learnt two lessons just a while ago from the interaction with my pets - an Australian Silky Terrier and a lawry. These lessons serve more as a reminder - so simple yet important for me to be mindful of as I continue with my pilgrim's journey.

Last week I changed the pee-tray for my doggy, Sasha. Thinking that she would continue to do her usual toilet business by going on the new tray to poo and pee, I was wrong. Instead she has been doing them on the floor. Till date, she is still not doing them right. Of course, her owner now becomes her maid, having to clean all the poop and urine.

Of course I have been rather agitated and disappointed. Once in a while I would scold her for being so stubborn.

Well, in the course of the above-mentioned, the reminder to me is this - I am basically no different. God has taught me several things from His Word and He expects me to practise what I have learnt but like Sasha, sometimes I am being stubborn and refuse to do what I know is beneficial for me.

I am sure He is disappointed with me at times but I also know He is loving and gracious to give me time to be re-taught and re-trained.

While I was doing some ironing about an hour ago, I reflected on what areas in my life which I need to revise and there are definitely a few. I will not share them here for now but will do so eventually.

As for my lawry, the bird that flew into my home last year, I learnt that when I am in need, I should call out to God for help and guidance, with persistence. Same as my lawry would do - when it notices that the cup containing its food has run out, it will chirp and chirp till it catches my attention and will only stop when I fill the cup with food.

I guess when I call out to God and sometimes it seems like He is taking His time to answer my cries, I should persist and wait upon Him to lead me in the next step.

What I have shared above are two reminders which we sometimes forget easily but our God is good to sound them off to us once in a while so that we do not fall into the trap of being complacent and also being self-sufficient.

Well, Sasha just got on my nerves again - she just puked on my bed while I was playing with her. All her dinner on my mattress. Thanks be to God that I bought a new mattress protector today from the Great John Little Sale in Singapore Expo. Haha... maybe this is one reminder from Him to ask me to change my old protector and bed-sheet.

I guess life is fun afterall in the midst of all the inconveniences and frustrations. :)

All glory to God!

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

No comments: