Sunday, January 25, 2009

Operation Connect

It feels weird not having reunion dinner with my extended family on the eve of the Lunar New Year. Well, this year is slightly different because one of my cousins cannot make it tonight as she is getting married on Tuesday in Malaysia. My family held the gathering two days ago before she left for Segamat with her fiance.

I cooked dinner just now for every one at home though. I did hot and sour soup; another round of yusheng (my fourth already); steamed kailan with abalone in oyster sauce; steamed pomfret with salted vegetables, tomatoes and sour plums; and wantons with sesame oil and fried shallots.

After that, I had to do some house-work: changing the curtains in grandma's room; ironed some clothes; bathed all the animals in my house - one lawry, one dog and my sister's two rabbits (man, I felt like a pet groomer and it was no joke!!!); mopped the house.

Thank God that I am done with the above-mentioned and looking forward to a good night's rest later!!! :)

I had initially planned to go to Chinatown to join in the festive celebration but after mulling over it, I decided I should just stay at home. The whole place will be so packed and I think it would be tough for me to take any nice shots of the fire-crackers.

Anyway, I am too exhausted to do anything else basically. :)

Tomorrow onwards will be busy for me. My relatives will be coming to visit grandma. The whole day will probably be entertaining guests - serving drinks, snacks and even lunch. Then in the evening I have to visit my grand-aunty at her place. It will probably be another round of eating and talking.

I hope to have an early night tomorrow. The following day I have to leave for Malaysia at 7am to head for Segamat to attend my cousin's wedding. I am also doing photography for the couple. I guess it will be another tiring day. Haha.

Well, while I was doing my house-work, I took the time praying. I basically asked the Lord to use this Lunar New Year to help me connect with the people whom I will be in contact with. It is going to be challenging (based on my own human ability and wisdom) but God may prove me wrong. I guess with Him, I can do all things! ;)

I hope to share some interesting testimonies in a couple of days' time of any encounters in the course of this Lunar New Year.

I shall rest now.

A God-blessed Lunar New Year to all of you! :)

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:8-10

No comments: