Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be On Your Guard, Andy Chew!

While I was ironing some clothes just now, I was reflecting on how my life has been in this new year of 2009. One alarm bell sounded off loudly from within me and it was basically a warning - "Be On Your Guard, Andy Chew!"

Why so? Well, lately I have been rather complacent in the way I live my life - easily agitated when things do not turn out the way I hope they would; snapping at my family members (especially at my parents) when they do not heed my advice; not reading God's Word as regularly as I should; not being conscious of the way I speak especially when certain undesirable words are mouthed when reacting to a certain situation.

I am disappointed as I pondered on the above-mentioned. I just have to be on my guard. If not, the devil, who prowls like a roaring lion, will devour me easily and happily.

This week will be a busy one for me as I have to do a lot of house-work in preparation for the Lunar New Year. Of course, in the midst of the spring-cleaning, it does not help when sometimes I would blow up at every one at home for always being so untidy and keeping things which are useless hence making the place like a rubbish dump.

I guess I am exhausted in all sense of its word - physically, mentally and emotionally. It is my prayer that God will help me handle matters at home more calmly and sensitively though sometimes I needed to make a point at home so that there is a certain order.

Anyway, these are my struggles lately and I know God is trying to teach me some lessons from here. I covet your prayers for those who are reading my blog that at the end of the day, God's name be glorified and the people around me edified.

Time for me to key off. Till the next time, God bless and good night!

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." 1 Peter 5:7-9

No comments: