Sunday, August 17, 2008

Go With The Beat!

When I was in church in the earlier part of the day, I had one meeting with the leaders of the mission teams. We were basically discussing the preliminary aspects of the trip and I was very encouraged to see the enthusiasm in them. Praise the Lord!

Two teams will be sent out this year - one from the Children's Ministry and the other from the Youth Ministry. Thanks be to God that 10 children will be going and accompanying them are their parents. I am looking forward to how God can use the families to touch the lives of the Khmer people, mainly the children from the orphanages and villages.

I hope after the trip, I can testify to the church that if God can use these young ones to minister, surely He can also use the adults to make a difference in the lives of others, both locally and overseas!

While I was heading for the 11:15am service, I met a brother-in-Christ. As we fellowshipped, he shared with me his burdens for the missionaries from my church. In the end, I sat down with him and we spoke about how else we can support these servants of God in the areas of finance and prayer. I enjoyed the time spent with this dear brother and I look forward to more members of the church approaching me to share about their concerns for the work of missions. It should be that way - missions is the heartbeat of God! Every Christian must be involved in this work. Every Christian should contribute in all aspects! I pray there will be more awakenings and it is my desire that one day every member of my church will be involved in the Great Commission.

I hope that "one day" I mentioned above will come soon because there are so many souls and so much work yet to save and to be done respectively.

Singapore won the Olympics silver medal for table tennis - after 48 years! Congratulations! I hope this would be the beginning of more medals in subsequent Olympics.

Anyway, I shall stop here for now.

Looking forward to the brand new week ahead. No idea how it would turn out but I shall anticipate the many adventures I would be encountering. :)

Good night, everyone!

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

No comments: