Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Anxiety Is Hazardous To One's Health

It has been a week since I last blogged. Well, the whole of last week has been filled with activities. I was busy preparing for the Missions Ministry's Exhibition at my church's fundraising dinner. I had to also help my sister plan and prepare for her sister's 21st birthday party. I was also engrossed with work matters - having to file and submit reports before the semester commences.

Busyness has been the word for the week. Another word which I had to battle with was "anxiety"! I was reminded from the these few days of manic that if God is not included in what I do, then surely I will begin to panic because my human wisdom can only last me that long.

It also affected my health because the past week, I had been experiencing consistent headaches and my tummy had this churning effect. I know God has been with me all these while though as I had been prompted time and again to slow down, to be quiet before Him and to submit everything I was doing to Him. When I did that, there was a sense of peace in my heart. Praise the Lord for that!

As I look back now, I am also thankful that all have come to past. Everything went smoothly and successfully!

I managed to get all the posters out in time for the exhibition. I am grateful to God that those who visited the Missions Ministry's booth were blest. Some of them have expressed interested to support this area of God's work. Glory to God for that!

The 21st birthday party for my sister's sister also went pretty well. It was quite hilarious when it came to the part where we brought out the birthday cake. My sister's sister was blindfolded. Every one was given a sparkler but what was not considered was the smoke that these sparklers would create.

Every one lighted it and the next thing we knew - there was a smoke-out!!! The best and funny thing was this - every one ran out choking but the poor birthday girl was still standing in the smoke-filled room wondering what was going it. The smoke got too overwhelming for her that she took out her blindfold, was stunned for a moment (probably thinking she was in heaven since the room was as white as snow), and then she ran out choking, with her eyes tearing - guess she was touched by what her friends had done for her. Haha.

It was a photographer's nightmare for me. I was all ready to capture the moment when every one would sing the birthday song; when the birthday girl would make a wish and blow out the candles; when she would make a thank-you speech; etc. Of course none of these happened! When I looked through the viewfinder, all I got was white smoke. Hee.

Though the above-mentioned was funny, I was also concerned that the sparklers would set fire to the mattresses which were placed near the birthday cake. I was also concerned that the water-sprinklers would be activated but thank God there was none of that in the room.

Well, I guess the party has been a memorable one for guests and host alike. Haha. My sister and I are also happy that the birthday girl loved the gifts we got for her. There was a total of 14 presents, wrapped individually and had a riddle on each one of them. The birthday girl had to solve the riddle first before opening it. Well, the both of us had fun torturing her. :)

I shall stopped her for now as I have a couple of stuff to submit pertaining to work. God has been good always. Looking forward to experiencing more of Him as I journey on!

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” Psalm 119:130

No comments: