Friday, March 05, 2010

Time Spent With God Is No Time Wasted At All

It will be a matter of a few more days and I will be back to sunny and humid Singapore. As much as I do not want to go back as I prefer the cold climate than hot, I guess I have to face the fact and gear myself up for home.

I also realised going on holidays gives one this unreal sense of being free from all cares and worries. It just makes one not looking forward to going back to the real world when the vacation nears its end.

I am feeling that now because I know when I go home, it is back to taking care of my parents and grandma's needs, handling the loads of issues concerning the ministries I am serving in church, worrying about the expenses of the family, etc.

Anyway, I had a good time spent with God on these burdens when I was strolling in Kensington Garden for two hours in the morning. It was very cold but I enjoyed every minute spent communing with my Master and allowing Him to just speak words of assurance that everything is going to be alright when I go back.

The past few months I have been depending a lot on my own strength dealing with matters at home and it has taken a toll on me physically, emotionally, mentally and even spiritually. This morning's devotion with God at the park reminded me of those times when I would go to the beach or reservoir to just be still before the Lord. I guess I will do more of that when I am in Singapore.

Well, that is all my thoughts for today.

I am very much refreshed. Praise the Lord!

No comments: