Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Christians Unite!

On my way home in the bus, my heart became very burden for churches everywhere in the world. This pain and burden came upon me when I was sharing with my sister about how certain churches are struggling. When I was sharing that, deep in my heart there was this deep passion for God's people and also certain anger I feel towards them as in how sometimes we Christians are the ones who are bringing downfall upon the churches by squabbling amongst ourselves, rather than building each other up; by rationalising too much, using our human wisdom and understanding to deal with problems rather than going on our knees and pray; by having too many programmes to do church; and by leaving weaker churches in a lurch rather than helping them back on track again.

Sometimes I wish and pray that God will unite all Christians, regardless of denominations, to come together and work as one! Basically to function as a BODY OF CHRIST! I think He wants that but it is the Christians, because of spiritual pride (whether they think they are right or wrong), who are the ones who do not desire for that to happen.

How nice it is if one church can share with another their joys and pains! How marvelous it is if churches can pray for one another than to waste energy by pinpointing the mistakes of another! My apologies if suddenly there is still strong feeling in what I share. My objective is that we begin by interceding for one another; to love one another; to walk with one another; and to work together in the Great Commission that God has given to all believers. Only when we can work towards that that Christ will be made known!

That's my take when I was spending time praying in the bus.

Well, I've let it out... for those who agree with what I've shared, pray with me; for those who disagree, still pray with me because we need to cover every brother and sister, every church in this world in prayer as we continue with our pilgrim's journey.

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." 1 Corinthians 9:10

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep onpraying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

"Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." 1 Corinthians 12:14-27

No comments: