Friday, March 12, 2010

A Thankless And Frustrating Task

My chest feels kind of tight since this evening when I was at Orchard Road. It has not been a good day for me.

When I was at home, I reminded grandma to turn off the tap while she was cooking. It has happened many times. When she heard my comment, she took offense of it and remarked that she might as well not cook for the family. I tried to control myself but when she ranted on, I reminded her that she need not prepare meals for the family since lately she has not been well.

As I did not want to blow up the matter further, I just left the house.

It did not help the situation when an appointment I had for the evening was cancelled. That frustrated me even more. In fact I was waiting for a confirmation the whole day as to where and when the appointment would be. I even cancelled another appointment just so I could go for this particular one.

I don't know... sometimes I feel tired sparing a thought for others but what I get in return is something negative. It sounds like a very "me, myself and I" mentality but it has reached a point where I wonder should I even care at all.

Anyway, I spent some time in quiet with God at Fort Canning Hill but left for home to rest as I felt unwell.

I thought what I resolved to do when I was in London could be practised when I got back but I guess it is easier said than done. I hope God will help me to press on.

No comments: