Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pilgrim's Journey At One Of Its Lows

Sometimes I wish others can be more understanding and discerning to my struggles as much as I am also learning to be so to them. It is even more painful to know that these persons are ones whom I hold dear to in my heart.

Situations between dad and I have not improved. He is still behaving in a manner as if all these while I am the one in the wrong. What have I done wrong when what I did was to advise him to watch his diet which he has not been doing so lately? Is it not right to care for his physical well-being when records of his glucose level have not been ideal?

Anyway, as much as I know what I should do as a Christian, we are not on talking terms and I guess I will leave it as that for now. In the past whenever we had conflicts I would be the first to seek reconciliation regardless of whether I am in the right or wrong but I feel this time round I will stay put and not make any move.

Though I want to, I shall not let this act of reconciliation be seen as an avenue where he will continue to abuse it. I also do not want this to be seen as a weakness. Otherwise it will dilute the whole idea of restoration of relationships.

It is a lousy feeling but I shall stand firm on my decision.

Another incident today also kind of affected me. I was supposed to have a meal with someone whom I am close with as I wanted to share something which I am hoping the person can pray for me before I leave for my London trip tomorrow. Without informing me, this dear sibling brought some friends along. Yes, though I did not inform this person that I have something to share but I felt that I should be informed of the added company.

Lately, my pilgrim's journey has been in shambles because of the struggles I am facing at home. I am not complaining that I have to deal with these matters but sometimes they can be overwhelming. All these have of course affected the other areas of my life and also certain plans I have in mind. It is frustrating but I pray that God will help me find ways to cope.

That is why I am looking forward to my trip as I need to go somewhere away from home to catch a breather, reorganise and be refreshed. It is long overdue. I hope God will guide me along in the next nine days.

Well, I hope I have not stumbled anyone during this period of mess in my life.

Looking forward to getting my life back on track again.

No comments: