Monday, February 22, 2010

Lord, Help Me To Continue To Love

I am very angry! Yes, you did not read wrong. I am super angry with dad for always provoking others who have been showing care and concern toward him. It was a supposed routine check of his blood glucose level and in the process of doing that I asked him whether he has been eating the new year goodies because they have depleted quite a bit since the last time I checked. I know no one else at home would eat them as they do not really like such stuff. Only dad is the one who usually munches them.

When I asked him, he started showing his colours and made remarks which caused me to raise my voice a little. When I did that he said I was being rude and that I should show more respect to him. When I heard that, I got angrier. In front of him, I gathered all the new year goodies and threw them into the dustbin.

I'd rather wasting these tidbits than to see dad having another relapse.

It hurts when you show love and care for someone dear to you and in return they do not appreciate them.

I will show respect to every one but when it is being abused I will speak my peace regardless of whether you are my elder or not. Respect is not a right; it has to be earned.

Anyway, I need to share this out - if not I will just explode.

I will spend some time in quiet with God and hope He will help me simmer down.

No comments: