Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bless Someone This Lunar New Year!

First of all, a blessed Lunar New Year to all the Chinese and a Happy Valentine's Day to all!

I was contemplating whether to blog because it has been a long day for me yesterday. I had to run some errands in the morning; cook for last night's reunion dinner; bathe my Peach-Face Love-Bird and Silky Terrier; and then do a major mopping of the whole house and also other small little areas which need some clean-up.

My fingers are all wringled up; my back is aching; my skin is a little itchy (probably from contact with detergents of all sorts); my nose sniffing from too much dust flying around; and knees a little painful due to my osteo-arthritis. Haha. Yes, getting old is it!

Anyway, I still have to stay awake as I am doing the laundry and waiting for the washing machine to beep so that I can start hanging out the clothes!

I do not know why but this Chinese New Year ("CNY") I was reminded of a sermon preached by my church's assistant pastor (last year, I think) where he encouraged the congregation to bless the relatives and friends whom we are visiting with the love of Jesus and to pray for their household. I guess I am going to do that since this year's CNY coincides with Valentine's Day.

From the past few day's of spring-cleaning, I was also reminded of my life in which it also needs some sprucing up. I guess it is important to spring-clean our lives once in a while so that we can purge all that is unpleasing in the eyes of God and only entertain what is beneficial to our daily pilgrim's journey. I guess this is part and parcel of the sanctification process where we need to deliberately repent from ALL sins in our lives. Of course it does not necessarily always happen overnight but throughout the journey, we need to cast away these sins.

This is a good wake-up call as I have not been diligent in taking care of my walk with the Lord lately. Well, I pray I will begin to let God to take full control of my life again and from there allow Him to mould me as He deems appropriate.

I am still tired physically, emotionally and mentally with my parents and grandma's ill-health but praise the Lord that things are getting better at home. The physio-therapist will be releasing dad sometime next week as dad is able to be independent again after his recent stroke!

God is indeed good! I am still concern for grandma whose memory is failing her quite badly. I am trying as much as I can to affirm her each time she does something right or she could remember something so as to let her know that she is still appreciated. Sometimes I must confess that my patience run short when dealing with her constant forgetfulness but I am trying my best to give her the benefit of the doubt and be more sensitive as I know this condition is something she cannot really control.

Mum seems okay and I pray God will continue to sustain her this way.

Well, that said! I am looking forward to a short far-away trip so as to allow me to catch a breather from things at home and also in church as in the ministries I am serving in. Though I am going with a dear brother-in-Christ, I am going to take some time just to go on a personal retreat so as to reflect and evaluate my priorities. May the Lord direct me accordingly and allow this trip to be a refreshing and fruitful one.

Okay, I have blogged enough. I am tired and laundry is almost done!

Good night, world!

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

No comments: