Friday, June 26, 2009

God's Wisdom

I am very tired now but I am at the same time excited. I decided to jot down my thoughts first before I sleep. In my blog I wrote at the beginning of the week, I mentioned that I would be busy. Well, now as I look back, the week is coming to an end and God has seen me through each day of my busyness. Hallelujah!

I came back not too long ago from the Worship Team rehearsal. The whole morning and afternoon I was troubled as to whether my choice of songs were off. As I was playing the guitar to just have a feel of the flow, it did not really go well especially during the transitions of songs.

I prayed about it but still had no peace. I even reached a point of just overhauling all the songs and have a new list in place. Again I prayed and sought the Lord. My sensing then was to let them be and trust that He will guide.

Before I entered the Worship Hall, I committed everything and everyone to God. Man, He really showed me how He can make all things well regardless of how my human wisdom thought otherwise. I shared with the team my concerns. We prayed. We tried and everything went well! All thanks and praise to God for that!

Though it was a time of practice, for me it was a time of worship as I just sang my heart out - simply in awe of Him.

Well, it feels good to be back worship-leading again. I am looking forward to praising God with the rest of my siblings-in-Christ on Sunday and to just soak ourselves in the presence of Him!

One more confession I had was how I allowed my insecurity of the songs I chose to affect my mood and in turn stumbled my God-sister who was with me in church doing her revisions. This is one area I need to repent from and I pray God will give me the desire and courage to change.

Time to end here. I hope the clothes in my washing machine are cleaned. I shall sleep once I have finished hanging up the laundry.

To God be the glory! :)

"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." 1 Corinthians 2:4-6

No comments: