Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy? Rest!

Today is Father's Day and I wish all fathers and God-fathers a God-blessed Father's Day! :) I made a boo-boo after waking up from a nap just now. What I knew from mum last night was that the family will be having dinner today for a simple celebration for dad. When I got out of bed at around 5 plus, I was told by grandma that there would be no dinner. As my parents were still out, I thought the meal was cancelled at the last minute.

Anyway, I went out after a bath to Plaza Singapura to enquire at the StarHub branch about some functions of my new handphone which I received as a birthday gift. At the same time to have my dinner. As I was still quite full, I did not eat much at the foodcourt. I was walking around the supermarket when I got a call from mum. She asked how come I was not back yet. I explained to her and it was here I realised the dinner plan at home was still on. What grandma told me was the cancellation of dinner for tomorrow.

I quickly rushed back and joined every one for the time of celebration for dad. I bought a cake on my way home. I also apologised for making every one wait. Haha.

As I am typing my thoughts, my mind is now filled with the schedules for this new week. It is going to be busy and I prayed earlier for the Lord to help me pull through it - tomorrow I have to plan the songs for Sunday's contemporary service which I will be leading; Tuesday I have to meet my accountability group in the early morning, bring mum for her medical check-up in the late morning and meet a group of siblings-in-Christ in the evening as they will be celebrating my birthday; Wednesday I have to bring mum for another check-up; Thursday I have the Missions Committee meeting; and Friday I have to be at the Worship Team rehearsal. The only breather I will be having is Saturday which I think by then I would be zonked out!

Well, I am trusting God to pull me through one day at a time.

My God-sister and I brought Sasha to Botanic Gardens for lunch after church. It started to pour as we were heading for our destination. We ate at the shelter and when the rain eased up, we walked the doggy around the park. Sasha's coat was wet and when I got home I had to bathe her.

During the walk, I chanced upon a tortoise which was trying its best to climb out of the pond. For a moment I thought it was going to succeed but after a futile attempt and probably exhausted, it fell back into the pond. Life can be like that sometimes - the question I had as I walked away was whether there should be moments in our lives where we should learn to let go and not keep chasing after certain dreams till we burn out. Yes, many times we tell people not to give up but I think there need to have moments when we should - maybe it is not something God wants us to pursue; that it may not be beneficial to us or the people close to us; that we should seek other avenues - basically to step back and see the bigger picture and not have the frog-in-the-well syndrome.

Anyway, praise God for the above reflection.

Well, time for me to stop here. I shall look forward to the week ahead. ;)

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1

No comments: