Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Sting Of Death?

One of the rare Sundays when I am at home blogging at this time. I am still recovering from a flu and it just got worst again after coming home from church. I started sneezing and my nose has been flowing like an opened tap since.

I told myself I should sleep early tonight but I cannot! For the sake of my favourite soccer team which will be playing later - kick-off at midnight. Haha. I know it is crazy to stay up to watch the game but even if I try to sleep, I will not be able to. :(

It is even more exciting to know that Liverpool can close the gap today with Manchester United after the Red Devils lost their game last night. Chelsea also lost. I am just hoping the Reds will not fumble later. I will probably die of a heart attack should that happen. :)

Anyway I wanted to blog yesterday but something was wrong with the blogspot website. I wanted to share about an exercise I took in Facebook which supposedly could predict my death. After answering a few questions, I have been informed that I will die on 29 February 2016.

Wow! That is less than 7 years from now. When I saw the date, frankly I was not disturbed by it. In fact, if I really know when I would die, I would definitely look forward to it. Why? Simply from the words of this old song..."This world is not my home, I'm just passing through..." I would rather be in heaven than be on this earth where there are so much pain and sufferings.

This morning when I was at the service, I was further challenged by the inscriptions on a tombstone which my pastor read to the congregation about a missionary - "When he came there was no light; when he left there was no darkness." I would like to also be known that way but to work towards that, I have to start now.

Well, even as I write, I am encouraged by two siblings-in-Christ who shared with me that they want to be involved in missions - one is from my church and the other from another church. It is my prayer for both myself and other fellow believers that we will bring light to places where there are darkness.

So, whether I would die in 6 plus years' time, I am not perturbed by it! Bring it on, I say, for death has no sting on me!

Anyway, for now I will work on building a deeper relationship with God and live a life pleasing in His sight and edifying to those around me. It is not easy but I shall persevere, God be my help. :)

I shall end here for now.

Have a blessed week ahead!

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:55-58

No comments: