Friday, March 27, 2009

Still Walking With My Heavenly Father

Wow! This is my third year blogging and today's sharing will be my 600th. Since the first blog I wrote on 12 November 2006, I have been sharing about the ups and downs of my pilgrim's journey here on earth. Of late, I have not been as regular as I should in jotting down my thoughts but I shall not be pressured to think that I am slowly giving up this practice.

I admit that I am losing steam because the past few months have been trying for me in all areas - physically, emotionally, mentally and to a certain extent, spiritually. I guess that is what this blog-site is about, isn't it? Being realistic and honest that one's life journey will never be smooth. As much as that is true, my objective in sharing my thoughts is to allow those who read my blogs to be reminded that our troddings need not be a lonely one but to have God and like-minded friends to walk with you.

Haha. That is why I support Liverpool. I love their motto - "You'll Never Walk Alone." Okie, I shall not go too much into that lest I go out of control which I can be when cheering for the Reds!

As I write the above-mentioned, all I can say as I look forward to the future, which to me is always a mystery and full of surprises, is this - I will journey through life joyfully. Of course that does not mean you will always see me smiling but I will not let valleys and mountains along the way to stop me from pressing on.

I guess going down the valleys occasionally will help me look up and be reminded that my God is there to pick me up. As for going up the mountains, may I be just a little closer to heaven and use those moments to be refreshed by looking across the horizon and be mindful that I should not be boxed up by the troubles of life and fail to see what's around me. :)

Well, this week so far has been a fruitful and productive one. One thing which I have been procrastinating for a while is finally done - that is updating the Missions Ministry's Notice Board. I did a feature of the Children's Ministry's mission trip back in December 2008. Though it is three months overdue but I think it will still speak to those who read the testimonies of most of the team members especially the children who went! It is my prayer that as more read the board, they will be challenged and encouraged to go into the harvest fields and bless the lives who are already there and also the people in those lands.

I also praise God for the Missions Committee. We have met twice this month to deliberate on matters concerning the ministry. I am very encouraged by the enthusiasm of every member. That definitely excites me in wanting to do more for God, church and also those whom we are reaching out to. I am also happy that more in the church are expressing their desires to partner the Committee in living out the Great Commission. Hallelujah! :)

Okie, I am tired. I shall go sleep now and look forward to the weekends ahead!

To God be the glory! :)

“My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” Psalm 62:7

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained." Philippians 3:12-15

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:19-27

No comments: