Monday, March 09, 2009

The Presence Of God

As I am writing, my nose is sniffing. I think I have caught a cold after being caught in the rain. I am trying to pump Vitamin Cs to counter it. I pray that I will be well soon as I will be going to Cambodia with two other Missions Committee members on a work-trip.

I am looking forward to this trip to catch up with my church's missionaries and also the missions organisations we are supporting.

It will be a short trip of just three days from Saturday to Monday but I think they are enough to achieve the objectives. I am praying that God will go ahead of us and prepare the way and may He give the three of us discernment and wisdom as we mull over a few matters concerning the ministry.

Personally, this trip will do me good as well - to just be away from the routines of the Singapore lifestyle and breathe in a refreshing air of just living simply as would the Khmer people. Trips to Cambodia always cause me to reflect and be thankful that though there are worries back home, every human being elsewhere has their struggles too.

Sometimes I may think that my troubles are the worst of them all but when I see in person the hardship that other people face, my concerns pale in comparison to theirs.

Well, I am looking forward to what God has in store for me.

Oh yah, I have a dear friend, who knows of the struggles I am facing lately at home, asking me whether life is still not bad since the going has been tough. Sometimes I have to confess it is bad but I guess it is also relative - if I fight the struggles alone, of course the going is tough but if I choose to include God in the picture, then surely the tough gets going.

Well, I am trying to keep this in mind and be conscious of the presence of God in my life.

I shall stop here and go blow my nose.

Good night and have a blessed week ahead!

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

No comments: