Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Saddened And Overwhelmed

I have just been informed in one evening that two members of the Children's Ministry Missions Team are now mourning the death of their loved ones - one lost her grandfather due to old age and the other lost his father after he collapsed suddenly at home.

My heart goes out to the two team members since these two incidents happen a week before the team leaves for Cambodia.

Whether all these will affect the trip is the least of my concern. I am praying that God will be with my two siblings-in-Christ and their families.

It has been a tiring day for me as I was out with the Youth Camp Committee to buy all the necessary items required for the four-day stay, beginning Thursday, in M.O.E. Adventure Centre.

Praise the Lord we managed to get most of the stuff needed. We headed back to church to drop off the items and also to discuss the camp groupings. I was quite troubled and burdened when the committee was cracking their brains trying to accommodate a difficult request made by a camper who wants to go for the camp but refuses to participate in the activities.

We all prayed for this dear sibling-in-Christ and hope we can be there for this individual.

I am tired but I am unable to sleep - burdened by all of the above-mentioned. I think the word should be "overwhelmed."

Anyway, I shall end here. I am still deciding how to schedule my time tomorrow, having to deal with my work, the matters of the camp and also being there for my two missions team members.

No comments: