Monday, December 15, 2008

Young And Old, God Uses!

I just realised I have not blogged for close to two weeks already. It has been a busy period for me - having to prepare and attend the Youth Camp (4 to 7 December) and also going on a mission trip with the Children's Ministry (10 to 14 December). Both I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Praise God for that!

Interestingly, for both events, I had to take care of the physical welfare of my siblings-in-Christ. There were cases of minor injuries at the camp and food poisoning cases during the trip to Cambodia. At the end of it all, I praise God for being the Healer to the affected ones. :)

I am still recovering from the trip. I have to confess it is tiring to handle 10 children and 14 adults but it was all worth it especially when I have got to know them better from the fellowship we had in the 5 days together.

As I reflect on the above paragraph, I have to say it is amazing to see individuals of different ages and characteristics coming together as a unit to let God use us for His purpose to the Khmer people. It is the love of God, no doubt, which binds us all together. There could have been cases of bickering and clashes but these were put to a minimal because we knew the enemy is not within the group but that of the evil one.

Up till now, I cannot stop praising God for what the team did in Cambodia especially the children. We went to an orphanage and a slum and both places, the children did most of the programmes. As adults, we might think occasionally that these young ones may not be able to do much but from this trip, I can testify God can use these little ones to touch the hearts of many. The youngest in the team is a five-year old girl and in both occasions, she led in the actions of the songs the team members were presenting. Thanks be to God for this dear sister-in-Christ!

The faith factor came in several times during the trip. What do I mean by that? Take for example, the third day when I was informed in the morning that 8 of the members were down with food poisoning and we were supposed to go to the slum, I was contemplating whether we should even carry on with the plans. The team and I prayed and many felt that we should go.

Though 6 of the 24 members stayed in the hotel to recuperate, the rest were able to execute the plans well. One brother-in-Christ, who was one of the 8 affected, chose to go and he shared that what he saw and did at the slum made him well. This is a testimony that God can and will equip and prepare those who are ready to do His work even if there is a physical barrier. Oh yah, adding on to that, two families in the team are still going through a period of mourning but they still chose to go for the trip and I believe in the midst of the pain, God has healed them emotionally as they did His work. :)

Well, I shall stop here for now and attempt to blog more often.

God is always good and His love endures forever!

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

No comments: