Friday, January 15, 2010

Heal The Sick

Towards the late afternoon, I went to Chinatown to buy some toiletries from a shop which mum and I have patronised for years. As I was waiting for the lift, I noticed an elderly woman seated at a bench in the hawker centre. What caught my attention was not her dozing off but her pair of legs. It was so swollen that the size is three times that of a pair of healthy legs.

My heart went out to her and as the lift door closed, I said a prayer of healing for the lady.

I am sharing this because as I am blogging this encounter, channel 8 is featuring a documentary and guess what? It is about the lady.

Apparently she had a fall two years ago and was hospitalised. When she was discharged, apparently she did not take her medication proper. That led to infection of the legs where the swell is due to the accumulation of pus. To make matters worse, the pus oozes out as she walks and it leaves a foul smell.

The documentary also featured her home which the lady refused to let the television crew in as the place was very messy. The neighbours whom the presenter spoke to complained about the smell diffusing from the lady's home and said that the authorities have offered her medical help but she refused.

I do not know whether is it because the lady is too poor to seek medical treatment or she is simply just being stubborn but I pray God will provide a way for the lady.

I think I will try to strike a conversation with her the next time I see her. I am sure there is a reason why God allowed me to encounter her twice in a day.

Anyway, please keep her in your prayers. I cannot remember the name of the lady. I believe God will bring healing. :)

No comments: