Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's A Privilege To Help The Under-Privileged

Finally I get to sit down and have my smoked salmon sandwiches after a really busy morning of meetings. It started at 8.30am and only ended about 15 minutes ago. My team decided that we have all the items in the agenda covered before heading off for lunch. Praise God for their commitment and perseverance.

Phase 2 of our curriculum planning is half-way through already and I am thankful that everything is going according to plan. I am supposed to be travelling during this period but it will be put on hold as some professors from the United States of America will be coming over. If we can cover as much of our planning with them as possible here then there is no need for me to travel.

I am actually okay with not travelling as I will need all the time to train for the Charity Bike 'n' Blade 2012. I do not know what am I getting myself into - 300km of gruelling terrains and weather conditions from Kuantan to Rompin (first leg) to Kota Tinggi (second leg) but I have decided to take up the challenge as it is for a good cause.

The event hopes to raise S$300,000 for two beneficiaries, namely St. Luke's Hospital and St. Luke's Eldercare. Since 31 March, I have raised $7,210 and my target is to hit $10,000. My initial goal was $5,000. As I passed each mark, I guess I will increase it by $5,000 and trust that God will provide through my friends. Well, slowly but surely, the announcement will come one day where it reads, "$300,000 achieved!"

I also managed to secure a $5,000 sponsorship and am sourcing for more. Hopefully more will come forward to do so. :)

I am looking forward to 24 August. Whether I finish the entire journey is not important. What matters is the difference we will make in the lives of the under-privileged. No matter how tough it is, I will cycle every meter and keep going! :)

If you are reading this and feel led to give, please do so at https://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/AndyChew/charity-bike-n-blade-2012. For more information on the event, please visit http://charitybnb.sg. :)

Okie, back to work. Hope to finish earlier as I will be meeting a dear friend later for cycling (if weather permits). If not, we will have bak kut teh (pork-ribs soup) for dinner. Yums.

No comments: