Friday, October 09, 2009

Our Sole Business Is Soul Business

I do not know why I am having the inertia to blog though I want to. Anyway, rather than not, I will try.

The past one week, my knees are giving me problems. They are painful. The right one is quite bad - it is not just painful but also loose. I am now wearing a knee-guard to alleviate the pain and discomfort. It is actually helping. Praise God. :)

I came back from Cambodia three days ago. I was there for only two-day one night. I basically needed to go to Phnom Penh to bring back some children's clothings to be sold at a fair next week. Thank God I was able to bring quite a bit back.

Other than that, I had a fruitful time catching up with my missionary-friends. It is times like this that I cherish the fellowship as it is difficult to correspond via email. Though the trip was very short (I wish it could have been longer if not for some prior appointments I have made), it gave me the urgency to make full use of every minute. At the end of it all, I thought it was a great time spent! :)

One topic which we spoke about is my desire to go to Cambodia as a tent-maker. I am still praying about it but this trip sort of confirmed my desire. I shall continue to seek God in this in the months to come. It was great to have been given counsel by my missionary-friends. I have noted their points and shall ponder on them.

Well, I was sad to have to leave so soon but I am looking forward to the next trip in December when I go with the Youth Ministry Mission Team. It will be a six-day trip and I think it is going to be a blessed one for all. :)

Lately I have been thinking about this phrase - "Our Sole Business is Soul Business." How true that is if we are called God's children. It gave me the challenge to make that my business. It is my prayer that I will experience God every day to the point that I want to share the joy of knowing Him to the people around me. Whether they choose to believe or not, I cannot force but if they do, then all thanks and praise to God!

It is also my desire that in living out my faith, my life will also challenge my other siblings-in-Christ to see that God can work through us if we allow Him to and if our walk is alive. I have concluded that I cannot be a witness for God if my walk is dead. God has given me life and I think I should live it that way. Not easy but I will try. Haha. :)

Anyway, looking forward to the weekend.

Have a restful weekend, everyone! :)

“It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.” Deuteronomy 13:4

No comments: