Sunday, April 12, 2009

Because Of The Risen Lord, Christianity Is Alive!

Happy Easter, everyone.

Christ has risen! He has risen indeed!
Christ has risen! He has risen indeed!
Christ has risen! He has risen indeed!

All in the congregation chanted the above-mentioned during the combined service to remind ourselves that Christ has risen! For me, this year's Holy Week has made an impact in my life and it is my prayer that in the days to come, I will follow up on what God has spoken to me and act accordingly.

Though I was busy taking pictures this morning at both the Sunrise and Combined Services, I prayed and asked God that as I move on from the Easter season that Christ will not become dead in my life again. I say this because it sometimes seems to be that way - as if Jesus is not there looking at the way I live my life. God is always alive and I will try to remember that daily - this awareness will allow me to be more conscious in the way I journey in this adventure of life so that God will always be glorified and His people edified.

I co-led in the Good Friday's Combined Service with the Assistant Pastor of my church. I was in the Worship Hall and he was in the sanctuary. Throughout the whole of last week, I was planning what to say and do at the service but I learnt a lesson that sometimes, all the plannings of man can come to naught.

There was a technical glitch of the video-feed and suddenly all sound in the hall went silent when I started singing the second verse of the first song I led. I did not know immediately what to do; the congregation were clueless as well. In the end I just had to use my discretion and go on with the service without sound.

Well, the above incident taught me one thing which brings me back to the heart of worship. It is not the song, the music, the sophistication of equipment but more so the heart of God's worshippers being in tune with Him even when the inventions of man fail them.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this brand new week though there are a lot of things in my schedules - some plannings and finalisation of work tomorrow; a meeting on Tuesday; submission of songs to the guitarist on Wednesday for the "A Day of Prayer for Missions" session on Saturday which I am leading; printing and collation of the Missions Ministry Newsletters on Thursday; Friday seems free for now; then Saturday is the prayer meeting and also the Worship Team BBQ and Sunday will be the Missions Emphasis Sunday!

They may be daunting but I guess I will have to let God lead me one task/step at a time. :)

Well, I guess that is all for now.

Remember, folks - Christ is alive! Have a lively and eventful week ahead!

“Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.” Luke 9:23-24

No comments: