Thursday, July 22, 2010

Great Commission Christians

Since Tuesday I have been sniffing and blowing my nose till it feels like dropping off again... well, I used "again" because I have been down three times in a span of one month and that is no joke. I do not know why my immune system is so low lately. I am praying this will be the last time I fall sick as in the months ahead I have a lot of things to deal with.

Anyway, praise the Lord for the rest I had though I have a couple of things to handle the past few days and awaiting a busy weekend ahead.

Though it would be hectic, I am looking forward to them all - tomorrow I have to attend the Worship Team rehearsal as I am playing the drums after taking a break for a real long time. I have decided to commit to this once a month; Saturday morning I have to prepare for the NDP rehearsal; then I will excuse myself in the afternoon to head for church to attend the "A Day of Prayer for Missions" organised by the Missions Committee on a quarterly basis; after that it is back to The Padang for the National Education Show.

Sunday morning it would be the continuation for the "Each One Give One" Bible Donation Drive (two more weeks!) where the Missions Committee is encouraging the church to donate Khmer Bibles to the Khmer-Christians who cannot afford to buy one as their monthly income are just so low. This is part of the Church's Anniversary Celebration where we want to bless others what God has blest us with especially in paying up all the debts for the Redevelopment Project. It is also part of the Missions Committee's objective in discipling this "unreached people group" we have adopted.

Next will be playing the drums at the 11.15am service and in the afternoon I have to facilitate the missions training for the Youth Ministry's Mission Team who will be going to Cambodia in December.

Well, typing the above three paragraphs is already breathless for me but I am trusting God who is my strength to pull me through them all. I know I am going to enjoy every moment of the events listed. :)

Oh yah, this Sunday is Missions Emphasis Sunday. On Tuesday I was in church compiling, printing and collating the Missions Ministry's Prayer Booklets - all 650 of them. One church staff asked me whether it was worth the effort doing all these. I understood the angle she was coming from as we all know not all will even flip through the first page of the booklet and many will leave them on the pews and chairs after the services but I told my dear sister-in-Christ this - so long as one person flips through the pages and prays for the items listed, all thanks and praise to God because those needs are covered and will be answered in the name of Jesus!!! That is worth all the effort!!! :)

It is just so important for Christians to intercede for the work of missions overseas and locally especially for those who have answered God's call to be missionaries in a land where they are totally new to. I wonder how many Christians back here in Singapore would understand the struggles and loneliness these servants of God are and how much they need to be covered in prayers.

Well, not all may be in the mission fields overseas but every one can play a part for missions at least in doing one thing - going down on our knees and cry for the mercy and grace of God to be upon the missionaries and the many lives still lost. Who knows? That may just be a spark to encourage more to go and make disciples of all nations and cause millions of hearts to turn to God and to be politically correct, without being forced to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour but out from their own free will!

Missions is also right at our door-steps especially in Singapore where there are so many foreign workers employed in all sectors of the economy. If every one (Christian) can reach one, many will go back to their own homelands and share the love of Christ to their loved ones and countrymen.

It is not an easy task but the God I worship is an Almighty God and He can do things which are impossible. All we need is to avail ourselves and He will do the rest. :)

Okie, I have said enough. Time for me to go blow my nose AGAIN and then rest!!!

Have a great weekend ahead!!! ;)

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: