Friday, July 09, 2010

God Reigns In My Trials

I was running some errands this afternoon when I received a call from my brother that grandma had a fall in the kitchen. He suspected that her left toes may have been broken or dislocated and her hips affected.

I rushed back home and with the help of my cousin, we drove grandma to the Accident & Emergency Department of Tan Tock Seng Hospital. As usual, there was a long wait for her to be examined and have the X-rays taken.

While waiting, I sent out short messages to some siblings-in-Christ to inform them of the accident and asked them to intercede for grandma.

The X-rays showed a hairline crack on grandma's left toe and hip but I was glad that they were not serious enough for her to be admitted. After collecting the medication, we headed home.

I am thankful that grandma was not seriously injured but her mobility will be a problem for at least the next one month or so. She was told to rest as much as possible and has to use a walking stick should she need to go to the toilet.

I am praying for God to have mercy upon my parents and grandma - in the past one year, their health have taken a turn for the worse with both my parents having a stroke, then with grandma being diagnosed with dementia and now her fall.

I also prayed for God to be gracious to my brother and I as we have been quite drained physically, mentally and emotionally taking care of their needs.

I have been unwell myself for the past three weeks - downed with some viral infection which gave me high fever, flu, cough, headache and sore throat; I had food poisoning this week which brought back the fever. My cough is still persisting and once in a while I keep having this pounding headaches.

If I have to say all these happened at a wrong timing, it is really so. The Missions Committee which I am chairing is working on a relocation project for a church we adopted in Cambodia. Two weeks ago I was supposed to have a meeting with the Committee members but I fell sick badly. It had to be postponed to the following week.

I am supposed to present the project to the church leadership tomorrow and now I do not know whether I can even attend the meeting as I have to make sure things at home are in order first.

On Wednesday I was to meet my Pastor and two Committee members to do the powerpoint slides for the presentation and the day before I was down with food poisoning.

In the afternoon I was informed by a brother-in-Christ that one of my Missions Committee members' sister passed away suddenly on Tuesday due to a serious asthma attack.

I am not trying to link everything to spiritual warfare but I cannot discount the fact that we are engaged in one. As much as I am quite discouraged with all that had happened, I am still fixing my eyes on my God Almighty as I know He will not fail me by leaving me in a lurch. Sometimes I cannot fathom why He allowed certain trials to happen but I will respect His will and trust that they happen for a reason.

I have not been blogging since the beginning of last month as I am simply tired. I have never felt so tired in my life before. I also cannot deny that I have not kept my temper in check lately, especially at home and towards those whom I am closer with. I pray I will continue to press on and find joy in the Lord who will be my strength.

If some of you think that I have decided to stop blogging totally... well, I am not. To those who have affirmed me that you have been blest reading my blogs, a big thank you to you. All praise to God for allowing me to share His goodness through this medium. I will press on but bear with me that I may not be able to blog as oft as I would love to as my human strength is limited.

I am tired now. I shall try to get some rest soon.

The Lord bless and keep you all.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

No comments: