Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tactful I Am Not

I did the weirdest thing just a while ago. I went for a walk with my doggy at around 3am. I was unable to sleep no matter how I tried as I was very burdened over someone I love dearly.

Sometimes I just wish I do not have this discerning side of me where I could sense something amiss about someone and after sharing with that person, it turned out to sound like I have judged the individual or seemed to try to control him or her.

It is a super lousy feeling. As I was talking with the Lord during the stroll, I told Him how troubled I was; how inadequate I felt. I confessed to God that my human ability could only bring me that far and that now I could only surrender this person to Him and let Him take over from there.

There were times I wish I could have made myself clearer when I try to communicate certain issues with someone. Well, it still remains a wish because I have not made that person any better but worse it seems.

Anyway, maybe I should just keep things to myself and just pray for the people I am burdened for and leave it as that. Probably God could speak to them better in His own ways. Who am I to do that when I am just only a fellow human being?

I hope the Lord will lift my spirit up later when I worship Him in church.

Well, this morning's experience is just one of those things I hate to encounter in my pilgrim's journey. Perhaps it is a lesson for me to learn.

No comments: