Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Short Break I Need

I am now at the airport, waiting to board the plane to Kuala Lumpur to link up with a few friends who drove up to the Malaysian capital this morning. Though it is not a trip to a faraway land, I am still looking forward to a good break after a hectic two weeks of being away in Cambodia and also coordinating two dear friends' weddng which ended this afternoon. In fact it has been a hectic couple of months, having to prepare for three mission/Vacation-With-A-Purpose trips.

Praise the Lord the wedding went as planned. Indeed He is good! I enjoyed myself coordinating the whole event and I am happy that two more friends have tied the knot and now living their lives together as one. May the Lord continue to lead and guide them as they enter this new chapter of their lives.

As always, the parents of the bride asked when it would be my turn and my answer will always be if God so desires me to have a life partner, surely He will show me that someone who shares the same calling in serving the Lord actively. And for those who know me well enough, that also means praying for courage to make the move. I have regretted not doing so not too long ago - though I regret it now but I guess it is a lesson learnt.

Anyway, the mission trip with the youths was good as I got to know each one of them better but out of the 12 of us who went, 11 (including me) came back with suspected food poisoning of varying intensity. I had to see the doctor twice in order for my tummy to get well. Two youths had to be hospitalised as a precautionary measure but praise God they are now discharged and reccovering well.

Of the more than 20 times I have been to Cambodia, this is the worst of them all but God is merciful and good to restore us back almost to full health.

There were a few times during the trip when I wanted to call it quits in leading youth teams because it is a heavy responsibility having to take care of sons and daughters of parents who have painstakingly brought them up to who they are now. Sometimes the fear is there that something might happen to them and I am to be blamed for it.

Anyway, in the end I learnt that God is in charge. With that, I guess I will continue to lead teams up to anywhere in the world so that God's name may be preached to those who have yet to hear of Him.

Well, time for me to end here.

I shall write more soon.

Have a blessed week, everyone! :)

1 comment:

Joshua said...

May God bless you with faithfulness and courage!

Journey onwards and upwards.